A public hearing before the Board of Directors of the Burney Water District to consider the issue of a water base rate increase is scheduled for:
- 6:30 p.m., Thursday, June 30, 2019
- Burney Water District Office Board Meeting Room
- 20222 Hudson Street, Burney, CA 96013
You are invited to present oral or written testimony on the proposal at the public hearing. You have the right to protest this proposed rate increase. If you do, you must submit your protest in writing, even if you plan to attend the public hearing. The written statement of protest against the Burney Water District's proposed water base rate increase must be submitted on or after June 20, 2019. Protests submitted after June 20, 2019 will not be counted.
Community Input & Written Protest Procedures
Customers, property owners, and community members are invited to attend the Public Hearing to provide input. Property owners and customers may also file written protests against the proposed rate increases. Pursuant to California law, protests must be submitted in writing and must, a) identify the affected property or properties, such as by service address or Assessor's Parcel Number, b) include the name and signature of the customer or property owner submitting the protest, and c) indicate opposition to the proposed water base rate increase. A protest may only be submitted by the record owner of the property or customer of record who signed the protest, or an individual authorized in writing to submit the protest on their behalf. The proposed rates cannot be adopted if written protests are received from a majority of affected parcels with one written protest counted per parcel. Written protests must be submitted prior to the close of the public hearing.
A written protest must include:
- A statement that is a protest against the proposed charge which is the subject of the hearing; and
- Name of the property owner or customer of record; and
- Identity of the affected parcel by assessor's parcel number or service address; and
- Original signature of the property owner or customer of record with respect to the identified parcel.
Written protests can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Deliver to the Burney Water District Office at 20222 Hudson Street, Burney, CA 96013
- Mail to Burney Water District, Attention: District Secretary, 20222 Hudson Street, Burney, CA 96013
- Personally submit a written protest at the Public Hearing