The Burney Water District owns the Washburn Bue Park. The Park is maintained by Burney Basin Little League.
Washburn Bue Dog Park Project
The Burney Water District (District) has received grant funding to complete a Dog Park at Washburn Bue Park. The project is funded through the California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018 administered through the State of California Natural Resources Agency Department of Parks and Recreation and Office of Grants and Local Services (OGALS). The District has been
allocated $177,952 to complete a capital outlay project that benefits the community of Burney.
The Washburn Bue Dog Park Project consists of the following components:
- Construct a new dog park in the northwest corner of the Washburn Bue Park. The dog park would consist of approximately 18,000 square feet of fenced in area with a double-gated entrance. The dog park will be designed to have separate areas for small and large dogs separated by a chain link fence barrier. The dog park will be equipped with benches, signage, and trash cans for visitors to utilize. lf funding allows, a drinking water fountain will be supplied in the fenced-in dog area.
- Relocation of the existing Little League Conex box outside the footprint of the new dog park area.
- Construct a five-foot paved path from the existing parking area to the new dog park.
- lf funding allows, additional picnic benches and possible concrete game tables will be installed adjacent to the dog park area.
The Construction Completion Date is scheduled for October 31, 2023.
PENDING GRANT APPLICATION - AWAITING GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION
Washburn Bue Park Improvement Project ($2,996,000.00)
The Burney Water District has applied for grant funding through Clean California Local Grant Program – California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Cycle 2. Anticipated Project Award Notification is September 2023.
The proposed Park Project consists of the following components:
- 0.23-mile ADA paved walkway around the park
- Multi-use court (tennis/volleyball/pickleball/basketball)
- Separate play areas for toddlers and older kids
- Covered amphitheater for concerts, movies in the park, ceremonies, etc.
- Veterans memorial area
- Picnic and concrete game tables throughout the park
- New roofs on the existing dugout and bathroom facilities.
- Covered parking area with a 20kW solar system
- Security lighting to improve safety throughout the park
- Vehicular access improvements
- New fencing along the perimeter
- Improved landscaping and irrigation